With the holiday season fast approaching, HVAC maintenance should be on your mind, especially considering Virginia’s cold winters. Whether your system is one or ten years old, regular tune-ups are important for efficient and reliable performance.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
Companies offer maintenance services to help keep your system running smoothly and prevent problems like furnace repair. You can also benefit from:
- Regular tune-ups validate your current or extended warranty. Without maintenance, your HVAC warranty can be voided. The company can also deny coverage in the event of a break down.
- Getting your heating system checked out improves the health and safety of your family. Harmful gases like carbon monoxide can leak into your home, but HVAC professionals check for these problems to ensure proper exhaust functions.
- Lower the chances of needing boiler or furnace repair during busy holidays. HVAC systems break down more often when they are working hard, so make sure to get yours serviced before the big rush hits.
- Scheduled maintenance increases the longevity of your system. HVAC technicians check for issues to keep your system running smoothly for years. The last thing you want is to have to pay thousands of dollars for a replacement in the middle of December.
- A fall tune-up can help keep energy costs lower during Virginia’s coldest months. According to Energy Star, heating can account for 29 percent of your utility bill. An efficient system helps decrease these costs so that you can focus on family and friends.
- HVAC tune-ups provide you with peace of mind during the most stressful months of the year. While thinking about visiting relatives, planning feasts and decorating for the holidays, you will not have to worry about your HVAC system.
There is no reason to wait for a problem to arise with your HVAC systems. Commonwealth Cooling & Heating serves Lorton and the surrounding communities. Learn more about our heating services, and call us at 703-436-8028 to schedule your fall tune-up.