Annual Heating Maintenance Helps Lower Utility Costs
Heating and air conditioning account for approximately half of all home energy consumption in the U.S. If your energy bills are high in your Lorton, Virginia, home or business, there are easy ways to cut usage and save money. Insulating the building shell to recommended levels, adjusting thermostat settings, upgrading to more efficient equipment, and having annual air conditioning and heating maintenance checkups lower energy costs. Maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment is a simple, cost-effective way to use less energy, reduce the occurrence of repairs, and prolong the life of your system.
Annual Maintenance Explained
Heating and cooling equipment manufacturers recommend tune-ups in the spring before first using your air conditioner and in the fall before first using your heater. During a tune-up, professional service technicians examine every component of your HVAC system. Annual heating maintenance includes:
- Calibrating thermostat.
- Checking electrical wiring, connections, and voltage.
- Lubricating fans, motors, and other moving parts.
- Inspecting and cleaning condensate system.
- Cleaning or changing filters.
- Ensuring system cycles properly.
- Checking, cleaning and adjusting burners, ignition, heat exchanger, connections, and pressure.
Whether you have a heat pump, boiler, gas furnace, or hybrid heating, correcting small problems as they are found reduces the likelihood of major problems developing.
Benefits of Annual Heating Maintenance
There are many benefits to keeping heating systems in tip-top shape:
- Improved efficiency. The system uses less energy to run with better performance.
- Reduced energy usage. Using less energy lowers utility bills and reduces demand on production and supply, which helps the environment.
- Reduced breakdowns. Just like regular tuneups for your car, maintenance examines all components to ensure they are in good working order. The result is fewer breakdowns.
- Extended equipment life. Well-maintained HVAC systems last longer. Failure of one part affects the performance of other parts. Systems performing synergistically use less energy and last longer.
Contact the Experts at Commonwealth Cooling and Heating
Commonwealth Cooling and Heating provides HVAC services to Lorton, Va., and nearby communities. As a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer, we must maintain high customer satisfaction and technological expertise. Whether you need heating repairs, a new installation or advice on how to save energy, our NATE-certified technicians can assist you.
For more information about lowering home heating costs, call Commonwealth Cooling & Heating today.
You May Also Like
Regular maintenance for your heating system is essential to prevent unexpected breakdowns and to keep things comfortable inside your Lorton, Virginia home.… Continue Reading Annual Heater Tune-Ups Offer a Wealth of Benefits…
Maintaining the healthiest indoor air quality is essential for you and your family in Alexandria, Virginia, and the surrounding communities. In-duct UV… Continue Reading Learn About In-Duct UV Lamps and Their Benefits…
Does your indoor air feel less cool and refreshing than usual? It’s not warm, exactly, but it’s not ice cold either. Are… Continue Reading Possible Reasons for Insufficient Cooling from Your AC…